"We Customize What's Right for you!" One of the reasons we are so good at what we do is our ability to interpret your company's training needs, and tailor them to your organization specifically. If you are interested in conducting a course not listed here within your company, please give us a call or submit your request - we can design and facilitate training sessions to meet your needs!
Our Joomla Training courses teaches you how to use and manage your Joomla website. Joomla CMS is the most popular open source content management system (CMS) available at the moment. It allows you to maintain your own website content in real-time.
- Duration: 5 Hours
- Cost: R 2490 per student.
What you need: All you need to supply is a room where we can set up our notebooks and or data projector.
Audience: This course is for anyone who wants to learn how to use Joomla to change content, pictures, media and much more. You do NOT need any web design or HTML experience, managing content in Joomla is as simple as working in MS Word.
Pre Requisites: Must be computer literate.
WEBSITE DESIGN TRAINING USING JOOMLA
The Joomla course is a practical hands-on course with participants developing a fully fledged website.
The course also demystifies the Joomla terminology and will show you how the different pieces of Joomla fits together.
Participants will leave the course with the skills and knowledge to build or maintain their Joomla websites.
THE BENEFITS OF A JOOMLA WEBSITE
- Joomla is the most popular Content Management System at the moment for developing websites - it has been downloaded more than 10 million times
- Joomla makes it very easy for non-technical people to develop professional websites
- You can maintain your own content - no need to pay web developers a fortune to make changes
- You do not need to know any programming or special software to use Joomla
- You can add features within minutes to your Joomla site - there are over 8000 extensions to select from
- Support is easy to come by using the Joomla forums
There are no prerequisites for the course besides being computer littarate.
We assume that participants starts this course with no Joomla! experience.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS COURSE?
This course is aimed at:
- Those who want to develop websites quickly
- Those who have Joomla websites and needs to maintain it
- Those who have developed websites using Frontpage or Dreamweaver
WHAT WILL BE COVERED?
- Section 1: Joomla Overview
- What is Joomla?
- What's a Content Management System (CMS)?
- Features of Joomla
- Understanding WAMP
- Section 2: Installing & Configuring Joomla
- Installing WampServer
- Creating a Website Folder
- Configuring the Joomla Web Installer
- Section 3: The Joomla Interface
- Understanding The Frontend and Backend of Joomla
- Login as Super Administrator
- The Joomla Control Panel
- Section 4: Creating Content
- Creating Sections
- Creating Categories
- Creating Categorised or Uncategorised Articles
- Inserting Images/Graphics Into Articles
- Inserting the Read More Option Into Articles
- Filtering & Sorting Articles
- Displaying Articles on the Home Page
- Previewing Your Website
- Setting the Global Parameters for Articles
- Setting the Parameters for Individual Articles
- Insert a Background Image or Colour in an Article
- Section 5: Adding Menu Items
- Menu Item Types
- Adding an Article Layout Menu Item
- Adding a Category Blog Layout Menu Item
- Adding a Category List Layout Menu Item
- Adding a Section Layout Menu Item
- Changing the Menu Order
- Create Multiple Menus on Your Site
- Create Flyout/Dropdown Menus
- Section 6: Extension Types
- What Are Components?
- What Are Modules?
- What Are Plugins?
- What Are Templates?
- What is Language?
- Section 7: Linking Content
- Installing Linkr
- Enabling Mootools
- Linking Internal Articles
- File Downloads
- Inserting External Web Links
- Section 8: Adding Modules
- Viewing the Module Positions
- Adding the Login Module
- Adding the Search Module
- Adding the Breadcrumbs Module
- Creating an HTML Module
- Section 9: Joomla Content Editor
- Installing the Joomla Content Editor
- Changing the Editor to JCE
- Viewing the New Editor
- Section 10: Access Control Levels
- Adding Users
- Item Access Levels
- Public Frontend Permissions
- Public Backend Permissions
- Section 11: Working With Plugins
- Enabling Legacy Plugin
- Installing CAPTCHA Plugin
- Section 12: Using Media Manager
- Change Your Default Images Folder
- Uploading Images
- Creating Folders
- Section 13: Joomla Templates
- The Default Joomla Templates
- Changing the Default Template for a Website
- Installing a Template
- Uninstalling a Template
- Viewing/Modifying the HTML Code for a Template
- Viewing/Modifying the CSS Code for a Template
- Changing the Logo
- Section 14: Adding a Photo Gallery
- Install the Photo Gallery Component
- Creating Folders for the Photos
- Adding a Gallery Menu Item
- Section 15: Search Engine Optimisation
- Drawing Up a SEO Strategy
- Search Engine Friendly URLS
- Meta Tags Settings
- Adding a Site Map
- Submitting Site Maps to Search Engines
- The Robots.txt File
- Alternative Read More Text
- Using the Joomla Search Component
- Using Cache
- Using Gzip
- SEO Templates
- Section 16: Web Security
- Change Your Unique Number
- Keep Your Joomla Website Current
- Directory and File Permissions
- Appendix A: Creating Forms
- Install Forms Component
- Create a Form
- Save the Form Results
- Receiving Completed Forms
- Adding a Captcha
- Create Form Fields
- Add Submit Button
- Add a Menu Item
- Appendix B: Creating and Sending Newsletters or E-mails
- Installing Newsletter Component
- Creating a Mailing List
- Adding Subscribers
- Creating a Newsletter/E-mail
- Sending a Preview of the Newsletter/E-mail
- Adjusting Newsletter Component Configurations
- Sending the Newsletter/E-mail
- Appendix C: Changing Global Configuration Settings
- Setting the Session Time
- Disable Frontend Registrations
- Change Locale Settings
- Appendix D: Useful Websites
- The Joomla Website
- Joomla Help and Support
- Joomla Extensions
- Sites for Free Joomla Templates
- Appendix E: Troubleshooting
- WampServer Page Does Not Display
- Unable to Upload Extensions
- Appendix F: Uploading Your Website
- Installing FileZillla
- Copying Files from Localhost to Remote Host
- Exporting the Tables From the Localhost
- Creating a Database, User and Password
- Importing the Tables from the Desktop
- Changing the Configuration.php File
WHAT DO YOU GET?
- 1 month support after the course within the scope of the course